2. Squirrels in Barranquilla are quite orangy. Almost as if you took a squirrel and dyed it with henna.
3. We’re going to the beach Saturday. It’ll be my first time out of the city. I’ve been here for a month.
4. One week ’til site announcements! Cross your fingers for… something awesome. I don’t think I even have any preferences anymore.
5. We had a going away party for our sweet Dr. La, our temporary medical officer, who is going back to Fiji. Complete with a stellar rendition of “All you need is La!” sung by Adam. I made an illustrated novella for a going away note: “Straight Talk with Dr. La”
7. I was talking to some people in China yesterday morning and now I kind of really miss Beijing. Especially that bao zi stand in the alley.
8. We’ve been watching a fair few futbal games since I guess world cup qualifying has recently started. Anyways there were some games played in Barrnquilla, which ended in a tie or a loss, but it’s still been fun.
9. I had to explain that there is actually a state of New York to my host dad yesterday (I know because I was born there). I brought out a map and we had a good discussion. He has family in the States, and they are all doing interesting things. muy interessante