I finally finished the dress that I started planning in this post The ever lovely Emily helped out with pictures:

notes: I drafted the pattern myself after looking at the shapes of a similar pattern online and plugging in my measurements. add water. stir.

the fabric is from a dress my mom sent me. also bias binding and a zipper

complaints: The bias binding I used on the edges of the sleeves and neck is a substantially different weight of fabric than the dress so there is some unsightly bad drape going on there.IMG_1565

but there’s also a pocket. On the original dress it was about six inches too low. Now it’s a little high, but far better.

On the right, you can see what is possibly the last appearance of my faithful sandals.


One response »

  1. SOOO cute Abby! Love what you did. The sewing machine is waiting for you at home!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s