Well, I’ve been settled into my little house here about three weeks now, and it’s starting to feel a little homey. I got some furniture about a week and a half ago, so now I have chairs to sit on and a table to eat off of, a bookshelf to put things on, and a table to set up my little gas cook stove on. I also have had a mattress since day one. And that’s about it as far as furniture goes. I may acquire some more later, maybe after I get my January and February living allowances.
That’s next week’s task.
I have electricity, which is pretty excellent. It goes out just about everyday for anywhere from about 1 hour to about 12 hours sometimes. Which is usually okay unless it’s at night in which case I am very sad about the lack of my electric fan. Sleeping is difficult on these nights.
All in all, it’s pretty excellent. So much better than living with a host family, even if I did end up liking one of my five host families in Colombia.
- putting up screening on the windows
- buying more baskets to put things in
- More chairs?
- And maybe someday I’ll get a bed frame or a fridge, if I’m feeling wealthy.
- Plastic containers for keeping dry foods on hand
- baking tins for setting up a dutch oven